English frequently asked questions
Here you can find some frequently asked questions in English. If you miss some information or have suggestions, please let us know and send an e-mail to infowoninginzichtnl
What is Woning in Zicht?
Woning in Zicht has a partnership with the following (social) housingcorporations: Casade, Leystromen, TBV Wonen, Tiwos and WonenBreburg. Occasionally the real estate companies such as Mooiland, MVGM, Vestia and Woonzorg also place their available housing on our website. The housing corporations place the advertisements of their available housing on our website.
Registering at Woning in Zicht
You can register yourself at our website via this link. The registration fee is € 8,-. After you've paid this, your registration is active. Before you want to start reacting to the housing offers, you need to upload your income statement (Inkomensverklaring) from the Belastingdienst (Tax Office).
I am looking for a house or appartment. How does it work?
On a daily base the available housing is being advertised on our website. You can place a maximum of 3 reactions at the same time. As soon as the duration of one the advertisement has passed, you can place a new reaction. If you react smart, you can place more than 3 reactions per week.
The available housing is advertised via:
- Registration time (inschrijfduur): if you actively want to search for suitable housing. The house is being allocated to the candidate with the longest registration time. So the allocation is done based on registration time. Please note that the average registration time is 99 months.
- Lottery (Loting): if you are in need of a new house quickly. The accommodation is being allotted amongst all candidates who have replied at the advertisement. Everyone has an equal chance, regardless the registration time.
- Fast reactions (Snelle Reageerder): if you are in need of a new house quickly. The advertisement is published on weekdays at 19.00 hrs. You have 15 minutes time to react to this house. The accommodation is being alloted amongst all the candidates who have reacted within those 15 minutes. Everyone has an equal chance, regardless the registration time.
When you are allocated a house, the corporation who is renting out the available house will do a thorough check if your income situation is suitable to the house. Therefore you need to make sure that your income is up to date and of course accurate.
Can I react to every house or appartment I see?
No, this depends on your anual income. When you react to the available housing offers, the law of 'Passend Toewijzen' is applicable. The Dutch government had included this norm in the law to prevent that households with a restricted income have to pay too much rent. But also households with a 'higher' income are not able to react to the cheaper housingoffers. If the corporations do not keep to this norm, they will be fined. Every dwelling that is assigned to someone is checked by an accountant. These rules are very strict. Therefore this cannot be adjusted.
To check your personal rentalprice category, click here. (Information is in Dutch).
I forgot my password
At www.woninginzicht.nl you can apply for a new password by clicking in the right top corner where it says ‘Inloggen’. Then you click on ‘Wachtwoord vergeten’. There you can out your username and e-mail address so the system can automatically send you a new password.
You can also use the following link: www.woninginzicht.nl/mijn-omgeving/wachtwoord-vergeten
I forgot my username
At www.woninginzicht.nl you can receive your username (usually your registration number) by clicking in the right top corner where it says ‘Inloggen’. Then you choose for ‘Gebruikersnaam vergeten?’ If you wish you can also apply for a new password at ‘Wachtwoord vergeten?’
I want to change my e-mail address
It is possible to change your e-mail address yourself. Log in to www.woninginzicht.nl and click the tab ‘Persoonlijke Gegevens’.
There you see 4 tabs: Aanvrager 1, Aanvrager 2, Meeverhuizende personen, Correspondentie. Click the pink button ‘Wijzigen’ in order to change your e-mail address.
Please note:also change your e-mail address at the tab ‘Correspondentie’. This is the main e-mailaddress where you will be contacted when you for example get a housingoffer or when you need to extend your application!
I cannot react to (certain) available housing. Why is that?
If you cannot react to the available housing, there are 2 possibilities you cannot react to the housing offers.
1. You have not yet added the Inkomensverklaring to your registration. Before you can react to the housing offers via our website, you need to add an 'Inkomensverklaring' from the Dutch Tax Office. An ‘Inkomensverklaring’ is an Income Statement. If you are working in the Netherlands and have a BS-number you can apply for this statement. Also, if your partner for example does not work, he/she can still apply for the Inkomensverklaring because the statement will then show he/she does not have an income.
2. If you react to the housing offers, the law of 'Passend Toewijzen' is applicable. The Dutch government has included this norm in the law, to prevent that households with a restricted income have to pay too much rent. But also households with a 'higher' income are not able anymore to react to the cheaper housingoffers.
If the corporations do not keep to this norm, they will be fined. Every dwelling assignment is being checked by an accountant. These rules are very strict. Therefore this cannot be adjusted.
How to remove a co-applicant on your registration?
If you and your (ex) partner do not wish to stay registered together, you need to take some action. We are careful with the information of our applicants because as soon as you are registered as 'Aanvrager 1' or 'Aanvrager 2' you are building certain rights. Therefore we cannot just remove ‘aanvrager 1’ or ‘aanvrager 2’ from the account.
There are 2 options if you wish to have an individual registration.
1. In case only one of you wants to stay registered at Woning in Zicht.
From his or her e-mailaddress he or she needs to send a signed request with the following information:
- His / her full name and date of birth
- His / her agree to lose the build up registration period
- His / her signature
He / she can send this request to email@example.com. He or she will then lose the built up registration time and will no longer be registered at Woning in Zicht.
Please note that without an actual signature we cannot process your request.
2. If case you both want to stay registered at Woning in Zicht but each with an individual registration you can split your registration. This is also an option if you are no longer in touch with your co-applicant. This way everyone will keep their individually built up registration time.
You can split your registration by yourself. De current registration will stay active and a new registration will be made for the co-applicant. You both keep your individually built up registration time.
To arrange this you log into your registration. Go to Persoonlijke Gegevens and click on 'Aanvrager 2 afsplitsen'. Read the information carefully and follow the required steps. It is important that you fill out an active e-mailaddress. The costs for splitting the acount are €8,-.
Important: the person who is seperated from the registration needs to activate his or her account within 30 days. As soon as you are splitted from the account, you will receive an e-mail with a link to activate your account. It is important that you do this within 30 days after splitting the account, else you will be deregistered.
Do you - for example - have a WMO verhuisverklaring? In this case you cannot split the account by yourself. To arrange this, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
A signed request to split the account. In this letter/attachment you mention the following:
- Your registration number
- Your full name and date of birth
- The e-mail addresses from you and your co-applicant
- Your agreement for the payment of €8,-
Once we’ve split the account, the person who was split from the account, receives an e-mail with the new registration number and a request to pay the €8,- splitting costs via the website.
Please note that without an actual signature we cannot process your request.
I split my account but I want to stay registered together
Did you split the account with your fellow applicant but do you still want to stay registered together? Unfortunately once you've split the account, it cannot simply be reversed.
Do you regret the split and would you prefer to be registered together? Then you have to go through the following steps:
- Click on the link that the person who has been split, received via e-mail to activate your split registraton. The e-mailsubject of this is: Splitsing inschrijving voltooien
- You go through all the steps that are asked for. You must also complete the payment. Unfortunately, these costs cannot be undone.
- Once your registration has been activated, send an e-mail to infowoninginzichtnl with the request to merge your registrations again.
Adding your ‘inkomensverklaring’ before you can react to the housing offers
Before you can react to the housing offers via our website, you need to add an 'Inkomensverklaring' from the Dutch Tax Office. An ‘Inkomensverklaring’ is an Income Statement. If you are working in the Netherlands and have a BS-number you can apply for this statement. Also, if your partner for example does not work, he/she can still apply for the Inkomensverklaring because the statement will then show he/she does not have an income.
How do you add the Inkomensverklaring to the registration?
1. You log into www.woninginzicht.nl and then you go to the tab 'Mijn documenten' (my documents).
2. There you choose 'Verplichte inkomensformulieren' (mandatory documents).
3. Here you upload your Inkomensverklaring from the Tax Office.
The other 2 options are:
- Overige inkomensformulieren (other income forms) --> here you can add pay slips if necessary or yearly income statements.
- Overige documenten (other documents) --> not applicable
How to apply for the inkomensverklaring?
You can ask for the ‘inkomensverklaring’ both digitally as well via the phone. You can call the Tax Office at 0800-0543 (free) and ask for the inkomensverklaring there.
You can also order it online but you need a DigiD for it. If you have that, you can easily apply for the Inkomensverklaring. Please note: if there is a yellow exclamation point (!) you cannot apply for it online, but you need to call to request this statement.
If you or your partner cannot apply for an ‘inkomensverklaring’ yet
If you are not able to apply for an inkomensverklaring from the Belastingdienst because you have only just moved to the Netherlands a couple of months ago, you need other documents to prove your income.
These documents need to prove your (current) income from your previous country of residence. If you have doubts about the correct income documents, you can contact one of the corporations. They can then advise you accordingly.
My income has changed
In principle, allocation is based on a valid income statement - Inkomensverklaring - from 2018. This income is (automatically by the website) indexed to 2019. If there is no income mentioned on your income statement or you now have a different salary and you prefer to qualify for a home in a price range that matches your current income, you can change your income at our website via Mijn Gegevens. At Mijn Documenten you can then upload recent payslips to show your current income.
You can find the relationship between your income and the rental price class via the following link: https://www.woninginzicht.nl/informatie-en-contact/vraag-en-antwoord/#/node/557
I am deregistered from Woning in Zicht but want to keep my registration
Shorter than 6 months after your cancellation date
Within 6 months after your cancellation date you can still restore your own registration yourself. If you log in to www.woninginzicht.nl with your username and password, you can pay the extension fee via the tab ‘Mijn Betalingen’. You can pay via an iDEAL payment. Your registration will then be restored.
Longer than 6 months but within 2 years after your cancellation date
Probably your registration can still be restored. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your full name, date of birth and registration number so we can advise you accordingly.
When can I apply for extra registration time or urgency?
In very few cases you can get priority. For example with Extra registration time based on relationship break or Urgency.
Extra registration time (Extra inschrijfduur)
Do you have to leave your house because you and your partner are splitting up? And are you taking care of at least one under aged child? In that case you can apply for Extra inschrijfduur. We will fill up your registration time to the average of all registered applicants of Woning in Zicht, which will be valid for 1 year.
You can apply for Extra inschrijfduur if you:
1. Have to leave your house because you and your partner have split up, and you;
2. Take care of under aged children, and you;
3. Are no longer divorced than 4 months, and you;
4. Are registered shorter than 99 months.
Click here to read more information and to apply for Extra inschrijfduur op basis van relatiebreuk.
You wish to get priority for a new place to live. You will only get granted Urgency if you are in a crisis situation and the new house is the only solution to the problem. For this, we have a number of strict requirements. If you do not meet the requirements, you do not apply for urgency. Therefore it is important that you read the form carefully and only apply for urgency if you indeed meet ALL the requirements. Should you not be able to read Dutch, we advise you to visit one of our corporations so they can explain the rules.
When do you NOT apply for urgency?
- If you have to leave your house because you are separated from your partner (perhaps you can apply for Extra inschrijfduur).
- If you need to move because of a physical limitation.
- If the house you are currently renting is being sold or you cannot live there anymore.
- If you have moved to Tilburg and surroundings because of your job.
- Because you are living with relatives or acquitances and you want to have your own independent place to live.
- Because you are pregnant and you need a bigger house.
When could you apply for urgency?
- If you can prove that you are in an immediate crisis situation who meets one of the following situations:
o If you are the victim of serious, structural physical or mental violence or,
o If you receive ‘Woonkostentoeslag’ from the municipality of Tilburg or,
o If you need to sell your current house because of financial issues that have arisen outside of your responsibility.
Next to the above mentioned crisis situations, you also need to meet the following requirements:
- You are registered at Woning in Zicht and you do not have a blockage on your registration.
- Your registration is shorter than 99 months (this is the average registration time in the ‘Aanbodmodel’. If you are registered for more than 99 months, you can apply for a house via the regular procedure.
- You live independently or you have lived independently and are now forced to live with someone else.
- Your (mutual) gross year income is maximum € 43.574,- per year.
If you meet all the requirements above, you can visit the website of the Urgentie Commisie. Note that the information is only avaiable in Dutch.
Please note: within 1 week you will receive a confirmation. Did you not receive this, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my chances for accommodation (registration time less than 99 months)
Based on your registration time you have the most chance of finding accommodation via our ‘Loting’ model (lottery) of via the 'Snelle reageerder' model. Via the ‘Loting model’ everyone has an equal chance. The accommodation is being allotted amongst all candidates who have replied at the advertisement. The available accommodation is being published daily at 19.00 hrs at our website.
You will enhance your chances by replying to appartments without an elevator. Overall taken, less people reply to this type of accommodation in comparison to, for example family houses.
Furthermore, we strongly advise you to make a ‘Zoekprofiel en Tipbericht’ on our website. Please note: the more specific your choices, the less offer will meet your wishes. Therefore do not fill out too much and leave as much as possible open. At the bottom you can then ask to be informed via e-mail. You will then automatically receive an e-mail every time there is an offer that meets your requirements.
What are my chances for accommodation (registration time longer than 99 months)
Based on your registration time you have the most chance of finding accommodation that is offered based on Registration time (Inschrijfduur). The average registration time within the Registration model currently is 99 months.
Of course you are free to react to housing that is offered via the Loting model of via the Snelle reageerder model. Via the ‘Loting model’ and 'Snelle reageerder' everyone has an equal chance. The accommodation is being allotted amongst all candidates who have replied at the advertisement.
The available accommodation is being published daily at 19.00 hrs at our website.
I urgently need accommodation
Are you in urgent need of accommodation and is your registration time not that long? Perhaps our tips below will help you further:
- Fill out your 'zoekprofiel' as less as possible. The more choice boxes you tick, the less offer will receive. Therefore leave as much as possible open!
- React to accommodation that is offered based on Loting (lottery) or Snelle Reageerder. The built up registration time does not apply in this case.
- You are allowed to place 3 reactions on 3 advertisements that are open. This way you can place more than 3 reactions per week if you react smartly.
- You will enhance your chances by applying for appartments without an elevator. Usually less people react to this type of housing in comparison to normal houses.
- React as much as possible in as short a time as possible. Someone who actively reacts to the offers every week has more chances of finding accommodation than someone who only reacts now and then.
Via e-mail je vraag stellen
Woning in Zicht is een digitaal loket. Voor vragen omtrent je inschrijving helpen we je graag via e-mail. Vul het contactformulier in als je een vraag hebt.
Wij streven ernaar op werkdagen binnen 24 uur te reageren.
Telefonisch of persoonlijk jouw vraag stellen
Wil je graag iemand (telefonisch) spreken? Dan kun je contact opnemen met een van de deelnemende corporaties: contactgegevens van de corporaties